Here is a glimpse of what VATS (Vawsum Aptitude Test for School) looks like. Try it for yourselves.
Please leave your answers in the comment section.
Let’s get started.
The following pie-chart shows the percentage distribution of the expenditure incurred in publishing a book. Study the pie-chart and the answer the questions based on it.
1. If for a certain quantity of books, the publisher has to pay Rs. 30,600 as printing cost, then what will be the amount of royalty to be paid for these books?
2. What is the central angle of the sector corresponding to the expenditure incurred on Royalty?
3. The price of the book is marked 20% above the C.P. If the marked price of the book is Rs. 180, then what is the cost of the paper used in a single copy of the book?
4. If 5500 copies are published and the transportation cost on them amounts to Rs. 82500, then what should be the selling price of the book so that the publisher can earn a profit of 25%?
5. Royalty on the book is less than the printing cost by
6. Pointing to a photograph of a boy Suresh said, “He is the son of the only son of my mother.” How is Suresh related to that boy?
7. If A + B means A is the mother of B; A – B means A is the brother B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B, which of the following shows that P is the maternal uncle of Q?
A. Q – N + M x P
B. P + S x N – Q
C. P – M + N x Q
D. Q – S % P
8. Which one will replace the question mark?
9. Which one will replace the question mark?
10. Two bus tickets from city A to B and three tickets from city A to C cost Rs. 77 but three tickets from city A to B and two tickets from city A to C cost Rs. 73. What are the fares for cities B and C from A?
A. Rs. 4, Rs. 23
B. Rs. 13, Rs. 17
C. Rs. 15, Rs. 14
D. Rs. 17, Rs. 13
N.B.- Answers would be uploaded in a short while