So here goes the third round.
Are you ready?
Please leave the answers in the comment section.
1.The total of the ages of Amar, Akbar and Anthony is 80 years. What was the total of their ages three years ago?
A. 71 years
B. 72 years
C. 74 years
D. 77 years
2. Y is in the East of X which is in the North of Z. If P is in the South of Z, then in which direction of Y, is P?
D. None of these
3. A bank offers 5% compound interest calculated on half-yearly basis. A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1stJanuary and 1stJuly of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is:
A. Rs. 120
B. Rs. 121
C. Rs. 122
D. Rs. 123
4. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period (in years) is:
5. The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5 : 1. If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
A. 16 cm
B. 18 cm
C. 24 cm
D. Data inadequate
6. The percentage increase in the area of a rectangle, if each of its sides is increased by 20% is:
7. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
8. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
9. The H.C.F. of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M. are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
10. A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% apples and still has 420 apples. Originally, he had: