Valentine’s Day Quiz.
Let us get started.
Don’t forget to leave your answers in the comment section.
1.Alfred buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800, his gain percent is:
2. A right triangle with sides 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm is rotated the side of 3 cm to form a cone. The volume of the cone so formed is:
A. (12* 22/7) cm3
B. (15*22/7) cm3
C. (16*22/7) cm3
D. (20*22/7) cm3
3. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
A. 4 years
B. 7 years
C. 5 years
D. None of these
4. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of its digits is 36. What is the difference between the two digits of that number?
D. None of these
5. An accurate clock shows 8 o’clock in the morning. Through how may degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 2 o’clock in the afternoon?
6. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in Scheme B?
7. A bag contains 2 red, 3 green and 2 blue balls. Two balls are drawn at random. What is the probability that none of the balls drawn is blue?
8. The cube root of .000216 is:
9. There are two examinations rooms A and B. If 10 students are sent from A to B, then the number of students in each room is the same. If 20 candidates are sent from B to A, then the number of students in A is double the number of students in B. The number of students in room A is:
10. Which of the following is used in pencils?