The creator of the universe didn’t dare to think beyond the IIMs, hence missed out on the honor of being an IIPM-ian. He must have unknowingly created an unsolvable, uncrackable puzzle for the rest of humanity to solve. As far as the mysteries are concerned, they are mysterious in themselves. They can’t be categorized, thus multiplying the complexity. They can be happy, yet they can cry. They can be sad, yet they might smile. They might feel like bursting out, yet they choose to stay calm. They are just being themselves that they don’t realize that how truly unprecedented they are. There is no practical or theoretically possible starting point and no end to that. Every new definition challenges the previous one. Yes, we are speaking about the most wonderful creation of God, ‘GIRLS’.
The patriarchal society we live in has conditioned us to view women as the weaker sex. They are often seen as a liability when they should be treated as an asset. Female infanticide is a problem that has plagued our country for decades. Spreading awareness of the importance of having a girl child is the need of the hour. In order to meet this goal, January 24th is celebrated as the National Girl Child Day every year.
The aim of celebrating National Girl Child Day is highlighted in the following points: (source: UPSC)
1) National Girl Child Day is celebrated to make the Girl get all the opportunities and rights for their betterment.
2) The government of India is used to eliminate the Inequalities used to face by the Girls in the Country.
3) The government has stated that every Girl should get every respect and right in the society of the Country.
4) The government made the Rule increase the sex ratio in India and to change the mind of the people to get every equal right to the Girl Child.
5) The government made the rule to make the people to behave in a right manner with the Girl and to provide the same emphasis to them.
6) To make the people know about the Girl’s Education, Respect, Health, and Nutrition.
7) To get the Equality of the Gender for the people.
8) To provide them equal rights to move around every part of the country by allowing every Girl to move to every part of the Country in India.
There are many rights provided by the Government to the Girls by which they can be able to get every Right for the welfare of the Country. Few of them are: (source: UPSC)
1) The government has blocked the Determination of the Sex when the Women become pregnant.
2) Girls Child marriages are restricted by the Government.
3) Care should be taken of the pregnant Women for the Child to remain healthy and Strong in their Womb.
4) The government has made the scheme of “Save a Girl Child” for announcing the people to get them in a right way to accept the Girl Child.
5) The government has declared to provide the Girls education till the 14 years of age for nurturing the good rite in them.
6) The government has many Laws of Anti- Sati, Anti- MTP to make the Women get employment and Status to the Women.
7) The government has implemented Five Years Plan to look after the Education Status of the Backwards States in India.
8) The government has made the rules to get equal rights and also opportunities to the Girls for their better Future.
9) The government has created the “Operation Blackboard” for the Girls by which every Teacher gets the Higher Education for making every Students better in the Education.
10) A government has opened up many Balwadi crèches for caring many babies and also make them visit the primary schools.
Each and every girl is special and unique in every aspect of life. No combination of any alphabet in English can properly frame a proper adjective to define a ‘GIRL CHILD’. On this auspicious day, Team VAWSUM takes this opportunity to quote the words of Sania Mirza – “Having a girl child is a PLUS and not a MINUS.” Jai Hind!